Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Eyan's baptism day

Eyan's lds baptism

this day was a wonderful reminder of the gratitude i have for my Father in Heaven sending such incredible spirits to our home
this little man brings such peace and love
and in a most loving and kind way
i am humbled often to be called as his teacher, his mother
Eyan was ready in every single way to be baptized
his desire to be a follower of Christ was evident by his shining face

Eyan and Mom at baptism

this essential ordinance of Christ's gospel was administered to Eyan by Mike
and we all were able to witness this tender scene
talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost were given by Grandpa Johnson and Grandma Dix
all of the cousins sang at Eyan's request, his favorite song, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me"
i know he thinks about those lyrics
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverentlyIf I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see Him thereAnd because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful careSo I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to beIf I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me. 
we were very grateful to all of our family members and friends who were able to attend the baptism
Mike's parents traveled a great distance from Southern Utah to be with Eyan on this most important day

group photo at Eyan's baptism
three generations of Johnsons
Mike's parents at Eyan's baptism
grandma at Eyan's baptism
mike and I with Eyan at baptism
Davis and Eyan after baptism
Eyan after baptism

following the baptismal service Eyan had chosen for us to come home and eat pancakes and cereal
a cereal and pancake bar was created
my favorite pancake topping being butterscotch chips and buttermilk syrup
what??!
try it, you will not be disappointed
i was so proud of Eyan wanting to help get everything ready earlier in the day, so he created the darling washi tape flags on the straws
an ingenius idea by the queen of parties herself for a large group of people
so much cuter than writing your name on the cup with a sharpie
lds baptism ideas
washi tape flags and cereal bar

clean he is
the most pure person in the world at that moment
as we talk about doing our best and repenting when we make a mistake, he will remain pretty close:)
before we began to eat he read to us all why he wanted to be baptized
to follow Jesus
and to be an example to Tate and Felicity
i am so grateful for this spiritual giant within this eight year old body

lds baptism ideas
Eyan's lds baptism ideas

what event celebrating Eyan could end without a little hockey
uncle bub got right in the mix
i love that about our family
so grateful to be a part

backyard hockey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...