Sunday, October 03, 2010

Fast for my Daddy



Dear family and friends,
It is with an aching heart that I ask for your help this evening.  My extraordinary father, my sweet daddy has been in the hospital for about a week and has been suffering much for a lot longer.  We are still not sure what is wrong with him.  He has undergone many, many tests from which we hope to receive answers in a few days.  Tonight I ask you if you would join my family in a special fast tomorrow on behalf of my father, Russell.  For us, fasting is an added power to prayer alone.  Fasting is not to just go without food for a certain period of time, it intensifies prayers and invites the Holy Ghost into our life for the purpose of bringing ourselves and our prayers closer to God.  Thank you all so much.

With love,
Briana

2 comments:

  1. Briana...many prayers for your dad...our family has been sustained and very literally saved time and time again through the power of collective fasting and praying. My heart goes out to you my sweet friend. As always, your strength and sense of hope and faith are nothing but inspiring. Hugs from TX! ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Briana! Your family is so very special to me. Your father has always been the brother I never had. Please give your mom and dad our love and please let me know of anything I can do for your mom. She was always there during my darkest hours and I want to be able to do whatever is needed for your mom, dad and your family.
    Love and hugs,
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...