Monday, February 09, 2009

February 2009: Workout Videos?



Well you know who you are, you Exercise Queens! I'm looking for some suggestions for some NEW workout videos or shows.

Mike turns 35 this April and wants to be in the best shape of his life by then. Sounds great to me! I always do so much better on my own eatting and exercise when Mike is on board. So we have 8 weeks to get rockin' bodies because Mike made me wait until April to schedule our family portrait:-) I'm telling you all this so you can encourage me. I love eatting and sleeping too much. But after all, I'm writing a lesson on Believing in Yourself (if you haven't taken the poll yet please do so and read "You are needed"), so its gonna happen:-)

For me, I have found that I am in the best shape when I rotate between cardio, strength training, and yoga each week.

I do have to say that I still love Turbo Jam for a "killer" cardio workout. I've never sweat like that before in a cardio workout (and believe me, I am a complete Sweaty Betty). I never even liked doing cardio before I was introduced to it. My favorite one is Punch, Kick, & Jam with the weighted gloves, the capoeira rocks my legs. I also love the speedbag section of Cardio Party, the music is what I love - punching to "I'm gonna knock you out, Mama says knock you out!". But I'm ready for some NEW workouts, I have to constantly rotate exercise routines or I get bored.

I am definitely looking for some new strength training workouts. I think good ones are hard to find. I LOVED the 24LIFT class (used to be called Body Pump or something else, remember those good old days Kandice?!) and just doing free weights at 24 Hour Fitness, but a gym membership is not in the budget right now. The music in a workout makes all the difference to me and that's tough to find in a strength training video! Anyone got a great recommendation?

Really there is nothing like being in a yoga studio, but as previously mentioned.dot.dot.dot. I have a so many videos (most rather old now) and have fun rotating between them, but my favorites have been TV programs: Inhale on Oxygen (thanks to DVR because its on at like 2 am) and Namaste Yoga on FitTV (great 20 minute program). Love to hear the latest and greatest!

Have any of you tried the Tracy Anderson Method (photos might be a bit much)? Who doesn't want to look like Gwyneth Paltrow? I've heard great things about the Mat workout and horrible things about the Cardio one. Not sure if its worth the $. Anyone?

I have to have fun exercising and music makes such a difference. Can't wait for the suggestions to roll in!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the new ChaLean Extreme yet? I am dying to try them but can't bring myself to pay the $140 price tag. I'm waiting to find them on ebay. Speaking of Beachbody products, their website has a clip of Cheryl Crow on the red carpet saying that she does P90X. Worth a try? Her body is okay. :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...