Saturday, May 17, 2008

March 2008: Our Newbery Award Winner





We are very privileged in our house to be in the presence of a Newbery Award Winner, our own Owen Russell Johnson. Owen has selected with 2 other Kindergarteners in his school as a Newbery Winner for his book that he wrote, "I Went to Disneyland". His handwriting is incredible as well as his writing abilities. I wish I had a scanner so that I could show you all. Owen was very excited to be chosen. The most amazing part of the whole thing was that I was able to attend an assembly in which he was chosen to read his book in front of grades K-3. I thought that he wouldn't want to go in front of all those people and read, but he was amazing. Of course I started crying looking up at him and realizing what a sweet little boy I had. Later Mike, my Mom, and I attended a second assembly in which he was chosen once again to read in front of students and parents. This time I went up with him to hold his book. I was so proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Owen!!! He is amazing!! he must be the parents. He helps to have genius on both sides of the fam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Cheryl!!
    Briana, I have scanners you are welcome to come use any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was telling NY the other day how much your mom is looking like her mom. This is the photo where it is so evident!! Two beautiful women in your history Briana!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...